When going gets tough the tough gets going Meaning?
1) “When the going gets tough, the tough get going”
A popular American English proverb, “when the going gets tough, the tough get going” means “when the situation becomes difficult, strong people are able to step up and handle it”. Attributed to both John F. Kennedy’s father and the American coach K.
When the going gets tough the tough get going example sentence?
Example sentences from the web: I realize we’re lost. But always remember, – “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” The football team was losing the game, so at half time the coach reminded them that when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
When the going gets tough the tough get going Similar quotes?
25 Inspirational Quotes for When the Going Gets Tough
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.”
- “This too shall pass.”
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”
- “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.”
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.”
What’s the meaning of better late than never?
it is better for someone to arrive or do something late than not to arrive or do it at all: “Dan finally paid me the money he owed me.” “Well, better late than never.” (Definition of better late than never from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)
What does all’s well that ends well mean?
—used to say that a person can forget about how unpleasant or difficult something was because everything ended in a good way We almost didn’t make it here, but all’s well that ends well.
What should I do when life gets tough?
13 Things to Remember When Life Gets Rough
- What is, is.
- It’s only a problem if you think it’s a problem.
- If you want things to change, you need to start with changing yourself.
- There is no such thing as failure—only learning opportunities.
- If you don’t get something you want, it just means something better is coming.
- Appreciate the present moment.
How do you get through hard times quotes?
- “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” –
- “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear.
- “Never let your head hang down.
- “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.” –
What is a good motivational quote?
You Can Do It Quotes
- “Do the best you can.
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt.
- ‘It’s never too late to be what you might’ve been.” – George Eliot.
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney.
- “Trust yourself that you can do it and get it.” – Baz Luhrmann.