What is the first thing to do when you get a new iPhone?
The first thing to do with your new iPhone is to activate it. You can do everything you need right on the iPhone and start using it in just a few minutes. The basic setup process activates the iPhone and lets you choose basic settings for using features like FaceTime, Find My iPhone, iMessage, and related tools.
How do I transfer everything to my new iPhone?
Wait for the backup to complete before proceeding.
- Put your SIM card into your new iPhone.
- Turn on your new iPhone.
- Plug your new iPhone into your Mac or Windows PC.
- Slide to set up on your iPhone.
- Follow the directions to choose your language and set up your Wi-Fi network.
- Select Restore from iTunes backup.
Will I lose everything if I get a new iPhone?
If you receive a new iPhone you can transfer the data between the two devices and not lose your text messages. This article has some information you can go over to help assist in transferring your data so your content is not lost when you upgrade. With the new iPhone restore from that backup.
What should I set up on my new iPhone?
Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Turn on your device.
- If you have another device on iOS 11 or later, use Quick Start.
- Activate your device.
- Set up Face ID or Touch ID and create a passcode.
- Restore or transfer your information and data.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Turn on automatic updates and set up other features.
- Set up Siri and other services.
What should I do when I get a new phone?
Top 10 Things to Do with Your New Smartphone
- How to transfer contacts and media. Find the easiest way to move your prized pictures, videos, contacts and files at our Content Transfer Center.
- Activate your phone.
- Protect your privacy and phone.
- Connect your email accounts.
- Download apps.
- Understand data usage.
- Set up HD Voice.
- Pair with a Bluetooth® accessory.
What should you not do with your iPhone?
11 Things You Need To Stop Doing With Your iPhone
- Never turning it off.
- Leaving the WiFi and Bluetooth on all the time.
- Using it outside in extreme weather.
- Leaving it plugged in overnight.
- Fully charging or fully draining the battery.
- Using a non-Apple charger.
- Not cleaning it.
- Walking around absentmindedly while holding it.
How do I transfer everything from my old phone to my new phone?
How to back up data on your old Android phone
- Open Settings from the app drawer or home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Go to the System menu.
- Tap Backup.
- Make sure the toggle for Back up to Google Drive is set to On.
- Hit Back up now to sync the latest data on the phone with Google Drive.
How do I transfer everything from my old iPhone to my new iPhone 11?
Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Without iCloud or iTunes
- Things to Know About iPhone’s Migration Tool.
- Step 1: Bring Both iPhones Close to Each Other.
- Step 2: Scan the Animation on Your New iPhone from Your Old iPhone.
- Step 3: Set up Face ID/Touch ID on Your New iPhone.
How do I setup my new iPhone 12?
The easiest and quickest method to set up your new iPhone 12 is to restore from a recent iCloud backup. As you walk through the initial setup process, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, sign in with your Apple ID and then pick the most recent backup of your old iPhone.
How can I turn my iPhone on without losing everything?
How To Switch iPhones Without Losing a Thing
- Back Up Your Old iPhone or iPad. First you need to back up your old phone, which can you do via iCloud or your computer.
- Turn Off Your Old iPhone.
- Turn On Your New Device.
- Restore Your Backup.
- Make Sure Your Wi-Fi Connection Is Stable.
Do you have to backup iPhone before getting a new one?
You‘ll want to make sure you have enough iCloud storage to back up all your important data. When setting up your new iPhone, you can restore your iPhone from this backup once you‘ve logged into your new device with your Apple ID. During the setup process on your new iPhone, you‘ll be prompted to use Quick Start.
What happens if you switch SIM cards in iPhones?
Answer: A: Answer: A: If you change it for a SIM from the same carrier, nothing happens, the device continues working as before. If you change it for a SIM from another carrier and the phone is locked to the original, then it will work as a fancy iPod, none of the phone capabilities will be available.
How do I activate my new iPhone 2020?
- 1 Turn off your old phone.
- 2 Power on your new phone. Welcome to your new iPhone SE (2020).
- 3 Hello. From the “Hello” screen, press the Home button to begin setup.
- 4 Language and Region. Choose your language and your location (country or region).
- 5 Quickstart.
- 6 Connect to Wi-Fi.
- 7 Activate your new iPhone.
- 8 Data & Privacy.
How long should setting up a new iPhone take?
Apps, email, photos/videos, passwords and settings will now be transferred from the backup to your new iPhone, a process that should take around 30-45 minutes.
Should I set up new iPhone or restore from backup?
Don’t restore your phone from a backup: Why you should start fresh. A new iPhone X, but really new. If you keep a phone around long enough, it becomes a vestige of an old version of yourself, or even many former versions of yourself. The cloud makes it worse by making these files available even when we get a new phone.